leeds picture gallery


Full Time From The West

Full Time From The West

Description: Elland Road stands to applaud The Whites here after the full time whistle goes with tis one taken from the West Stand. The shot coming from the Football League Championship game against Brighton and Hove Albion at Elland Road on the 3rd August, 2013.

The West Stand at Elland Road was built in 1957 and replaced the old West Stand which was destroyed by fire. The new stand cost 180,000 to build and was funded by an appeal from the club raising 60,000 with the Leeds City Council also helping out with finances. Originally the West Stand had terracing on the front paddock which had a capacity of 6,000 and seating at the rear which housed a further 4,000 spectators. Later the West Stand became an all seater stand and is considered the major stand at Elland Road. In 1970 the West Stand was streamlined with the Kop after the North West corner was built at a cost of 200,000. After the death of John Charles in 2004 the West Stand was renamed the John Charles Stand in tribute to the great Leeds Utd player.

Leeds United: Kenny, Peltier, Pearce, Lees, Warnock, Green, Murphy, Tonge, McCormack, Varney, Hunt.
Subs: Poleon for Hunt, Drury for Warnock, Smith for Varney.

Thanks to: Tommy for this great pic.

Submitted: 08/08/13 (Edited 08/08/13)

Views: 931

PREVIOUS IMAGE | NEXT IMAGE


Tags:

Rate this image:



Similar Images:
Friendly At Full Time
Full Time In Lghts
Full Time at Edgeley
Full Time At The Boleyn
Full Time Shakes

You don't have permission to post comments.

Please login or register.

Contact the Administration

Site Map